Position Summary: The Sikh Coalition is seeking a creative & dynamic intern to work with our Media and Communications staff on projects aimed at enhancing the way we communicate to reporters, community members, and everybody in between. An ideal candidate will possess skills and background in more than one of these areas: digital/social media, basic graphic design, journalism, or public relations. This candidate must be a strong writer and have a good sense of humor!
The internship will be managed by two directors who will be sharing project management responsibilities on a variety of communications-related projects that you will be working on. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in getting a real tutorial in how an organization manages media and communications work across numerous platforms in addition to the hands-on experience in a non-profit setting that helps empower and educate the broader American public.
· Support social media content and strategy aimed at engaging key stakeholders
· Research and manage press list development along with press list updates
· Track press coverage on related program issues
· Pitch calls to various news outlets
· Draft original press content (press fact sheets, advisories, pitches)
· Help maintain the website and online presence
· Assist in marketing and promotional activities
· Assist in designing graphics and Sikh Coalition online resources
The summer internship is a full time commitment for ten weeks. A stipend of $1000 will be provided upon completion.
Qualifications: The Sikh Coalition is looking for passionate individuals dedicated to protecting and advocating for the civil and human rights of all individuals.
We are looking for someone who has:
Applicants should either be pursuing or have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree
Application Guidelines: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but applicants are encouraged to apply by March 31, 2018. Start & end dates can be discussed.
For further inquires, please contact email@example.com.
The Sikh Coalition is a community-based organization advocating for civil and human rights. In particular, we work towards a world where Sikhs may freely practice and enjoy their faith.
For more information about the Sikh Coalition, please visit www.sikhcoalition.org.